Sunday 15 January 2012

Interlude

 I in some ways wasted a good day Saturday -from a weather point of view that is. As some of you will know apart from cricket, art plays a big part in my life, so I tried not to let Fridays happenings get me down by taking my mind off things cricket and working on my art for some of Saturday -although I must say cricket was not far from my mind. Below is what I produced.

I made this sketch of Bill Bowes- his club was Kirkstall Educational- black and white in felt tip pen it is about A4 in size.

I then reversed the image and transferred it to a lino block and cut out the parts I wanted to stay white above is the block.


I then inked the block with acrylic paint, turned it over on to a sheet of paper rubbed the back and transferred -printed- the image which is above. I didn't put enough paint on as you can see areas that should have printed were a little patchy so I made another print below. 


Second proof a little too much now. 


I inked the block for a third time but this time I printed onto an old working tee shirt above is the result. I now have a Tee shirt with Bill Bowes on the back. Nice!


Here you can see the whole tee shirt with the print of Bill Bowes on the back I can print as many of these as I want now. I hope you have enjoyed this short interlude.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Hodgy. I forgot to tell you that Gordon Sharp has given me a copy of Bill Bowes' Testimonial Brochure from 1947! It has quite a few references to KECC in it. Will show you it next time I see you. ND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick,
    Look forward to seeing the brochure. I have been given a copy of "The Northern Cricket Society" booklet for 2011 and it has a feature on "The Young Bill Bowes" which also has referance to KECC. I will reciprocate and show you the next time I see you.
    I am thinking of doing some lettering to go with the image to be printed above or below withe the word "BODYLINE" and maybe add a KECC logo. think I could have yet another business going off here.

    ReplyDelete