Tuesday 17 January 2012

Meeting

Today I am having a meeting with Nick Gladstone from Hurrell's my seed supplier I am sure he is to deliver bad news, as you groundsmen will be aware grass seed prices are on a serious rise. I will have to decide -do I now start having it bagged in 20Kgs as most seed houses do- that will make price comparison easier. Then do I continue to pay top price for cultivars up near the top of the STRI list? Maybe I should offer a mix of the best and a more cost effective mix.
Interesting times I will keep you informed.
Thinking about grass. below are some photos of a small trial I did with different seeds I use.
This is the sort of thing I get up to -these photo's were taken back in October last year the one on the right is 100% Colosseum cold season Perennial Rye grass the one on the left is my best cricket square mix of last season (Cachemire Carnac and Sauvignon) the Colosseum is slightly broader leaf but much greener. Sorry forgot to say they were both sown on the same day in cricket loam.

The one on the left is Colosseum not only darker slightly broader leaf and more vigorous
  I found this an interesting little trial.


Latest "T" shirt print, image Bill Bowes now with Bodyline printed below not sure where I am going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment