Friday 6 January 2012

Spiking Again.

Off on the road again to carry out some more spiking.

Not an early start this is about 9-30 this morning at Kirkstall, if you look close you can see the frost on the shaded net area.

Still very little sun shine on the square -it is very low in the sky and is below the tree line so it remains in the shade- so the frost is still in evidence and that is after the sun has been up for about an hour and a half.


Loaded up and ready to go look how long and tufty - my spell checker says there is no such word as tufty so I hope you understand- the outfield is. I have kept off it -as you may remember I did some spiking and seeding in parts of it so wanted the holes to stay open for as long as possible without traffic to seal them over -well that's the theory.

This is what it looked like at my destination sunny and bright.

Any idea where it is?

Job done.
Cricket grounds in public parks have their challenges
people walking across the square in all conditions, dogs fouling, kids playing on the square. I take my hat off to groundsman at clubs like this it would be one challenge too far for me -to see people straying across the square and dogs pooing all over -no thanks.

There are two grounds back to back in this park, here is a view of the other.
Have you guest where it is yet?
I spiked the square and a net area, I was surprised how dry it was the net area was by far the wettest still it has been windy the last week.
One final picture before I tell the ones who haven't got it yet.


There we go that's where it is.
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
Mirfield they have gone from the Central Yorkshire League to the Bradford to the Huddersfield Central and now back where they started -but in a lower division than when they left.  
Lets hope they will settle now.
Monday I will hopefully be spiking Whitkirk C C again and Cross Gates bowling green I will keep you posted.
 The weekend starts here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment