Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Boots for the New Year

Too wet and wild to do any spiking today -so job number one was to get myself some new working boots Toe-Tectors I hate wearing new boots in.

There we go I usually get black boots but they had none in stock so I ended up with these -they may look good today but not for long I suspect- with the black ones I can put dubbin on them to keep my feet dry not sure if I have any thing for these.

Passport at the ready it was off over the hill to Lancashire to collect some fertiliser -they didn't have what I wanted in stock, I was after some 3-10-5 and some 3-6-8+fe instead I got 3-10-5 OK but had to
take 4-0-4+fe. All strapped up and ready for off back over the windy hill 40mph speed limit in force however -thankfully it was a straight forward journey.


Not sure why I did but I mixed a bag of each and put it on the square and net area I think that will work out at about 3/4 rate ie 3/4 oz per square yard -much easier than metric sorry you young ones. I also want to put some liquid seaweed on as reported yesterday and I usaully mix it with iron so I needn't have used the bag  with iron in and just used two with 10% phospahate in -senior moment-. I thought conditions were too wet to put the seaweed/iron on today so that will have to wait.


As you can see it is in mini grans the darker is the one with iron and the other with the phosphate.


Give it a good mix and fill the spreader -on the hard standing avoiding any spillage on the grass.


Square looking a little on the yellow side the small amout of nitrogen will help green it up a bit -it will green up even more and quicker when I put the liquid iron on -iron is fast acting over night will do it.

Not looking too bad no close up veiws on offer though.

I was pleased to see that despite the high winds we have only one "tooth" missing from the sight screen.
Will it be dry enough tomorrow to get on with some spiking? We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely new dancing shoes, Hodgy! Great for stamping on foxes, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its catching them so that I can stamp on them that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete