Friday 27 January 2012

Odd Jobs

This week again has been one of little activity on the grass Monday I collected some brush frames from the fabricator's and took them to the galvanisers and spent the rest of the day with the Sparky as last post. Tuesday Wednesday at BTMS exhibition, Thursday painting and today collecting frames from galvanisers.


Yard at the galvanise frames to pay for and collect.

Galvanised frames back at ground awaiting Phil from Brushes North West to come and collect.


A pallet full of sparkling frames, just to remind you these frames go to the factory are assembled and have brushes fit then out to the customers.


When I was at the exhibition at Harrogate I ordered two new sets of tines for my groundsman spiking machine -you can see them in the above photo. While I was waiting for Phil I thought I would start fitting them.


Old very worn tines.

Look at the difference.


Always use oil or Copper Slip on the bolts and tine sockets it saves time and problems when you have to get them out.


The business end of the machine.


When I started to take out the tines I could see that the rubber bushes that hold the tine holder were split on two of the heads, so I got straight on the phone to Groundsman Industries and ordered a set of three I recon the third will not be far off worn out so I will replace them all at the same time.


Phil from Brushes North West brought me re-bristled brush for my Sisis Auto Rota rake, so fitting that and the new rubber brushes are jobs for next week if we don't have a foot of snow by then I understand it may be on its way Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog Hodgy! Been following it for a while and find it really interesting, even as a mere player! Very amusing at times too! Hope all is well, Si Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Si thanks for you comments I will try to "Blog" as often as I can to keep you up to speed with the best club in the world.
    Keep smiling.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete