Wednesday 11 January 2012

Working on my own square -at last.

At last today I got a chance to get something done on my own square. I started by raking, this is to try get all the leaves that have got into the base of the sward out.

I used the my Sisis four foot rake on the back of my little tractor. It was a little wet at the bottom end of square- you can wait for ever and not get anything done if you wait for ideal conditions- some times you just have to make it happen.

Here you can see some of the leaves the rake has lifted out.


Apart from lifting the leaves it also pulled out dead grass from the base and presented the living grass better for mowing.


Another view.

I only have a small rotary mower about 16 or 17 inches so it took a while to mow.


All mown most of the leaves and rubbish picked up now.

You will need to enlarge this but on top of the houses -over the road from the ground- sit a row of pigeons
They think I am going to seed but I have news for them no free food today, I am not getting the seed out so fly off to Headingley Stadium they can afford more seed than me.

I gave it a brush which actually lifted some more leaves I think they will blow away now that they are on the surface.


Just a couple more views of the finished job and that's what I achieved today on the ground. You may be thinking that it wouldn't take long to do what I have just shown you and in fairness it took about 4 hours but please remember I am only part time at this job I cant earn a living at it so first thing and again later in the day I had to go off and do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment