Monday 23 April 2012

Another Wet Monday

Had to go collect some brush frames from galvanises this morning which wasn't such a pain as it was raining and I couldn't work on ground. Phil from Brushes North West came along to collect them and deliver me a brush for a Sisis Lawnman that I have a club interested in.

The blackbird collecting the worms, that the wet weather is bringing to the surface -enjoy!


I should have a Leeds Met University game Tuesday along with club training at night followed by another Uni game on Wednesday sadly they have been cancelled due to the awful weather. So now I have a Uni game on Friday followed by a Junior match.

No wind to blow the rain away.


It stopped raining at about 1-00 pm so Andy Siddall Cricket Chairman and I took the sheets off only to find fungal disease starting up and water that had run under both of them. I decided not to re cover as that would have encouraged more disease and held the moisture in. The only way they will dry now is if it stops raining. With standing water on the square there was little to be done there so I fit the 6 foot brush to the back of the tractor and brushed the outfield to drop the water from the grass and disperse the worm casts.




I fit the gang mowers to the tractor and cut the outfield as it was a week since I had been able to do it and I like to do it at least twice at this time of year. It was spitting a little when I was doing the job but nothing to stop me.


Then just as I had finished the heavens opened and flooded the place again, which put paid to Junior training for  tonight.
The forecast for the rest of the week is not much better -difficult times for all groundsmen.
Hodgy





No comments:

Post a Comment