Friday 13 April 2012

Visit to Rawdon C C

Thursday I had a call from Lawrence Walker at Rawdon C C their Mastiff was poorly and in need of a new engine -which was on order- they needed the outfield cutting, so of I went this morning and did it for them. 


Rawdon C C the final photo has Mark Sutton -Sutty- their groundsman hard at work. When I arrived at Rawdon and unloaded and unhitched trailer I found to my shame that I had left the towing brackets for the gangs at Kirkstall so I had to go back for them -another senior moment Doh!




When I got back to Kirkstall  it was fair so I got the sheet off the pitch to get some air to it. They go green very quickly under sheeting. I then cut the outfield to tidy it up after the training that had been taking place on it.


I then started preparing a new pitch which is to be used a week on Sunday when Leeds Met play Loughborough University this pitch was very wet because of the water run off from the sheet so I did my best but it was too wet to roll.




I then cut the square apart from the pitch I had rolled the sheet on to. -The sheet had some water on it and it covers four pitches so is too heavy without the water on to move by myself so I have to roll it back making sure I don't spill any water onto the pitch in preparation.
The 11-5-5 fertiliser I applied early last week has now kicked in as you can see.




I have two games this weekend Saturday is the Leeds Met 2nds V Kirkstall 2nds and Sunday it is the two 1st elevens playing each other. As it is the two second teams Saturday and both games are on the one pitch I have left some grass on for Saturdays game in order to give it a little protection -I will take a little more off Sunday morning if I think it needs it.








Saturday morning I will take the sheet off give it another cut -because it will turn green over night under the sheet- roll it and mark it out. I will also give the pitch I was unable to mow today a cut maybe even all the square or at least the pitches that have been under the sheet cause they will be scuffed up a bit.
I wont need rocking to sleep tonight.
See you next post.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment