Monday 16 April 2012

Getting Very Busy Now

Just to bring you up to date the scheduled game on Saturday fell fowl to the weather. I got up early on Sunday morning and got a game on but the square was very wet and suffered some scaring as a result.
On arrival Sunday morning.

Just about set up and ready for the start.

Getting the early start enabled me to get some rolling into the pitch that is in preparation for a weeks time when Leeds Met play Loughborough University -the roller is at the bottom of that pitch in the above photo.


 Matt Webster blowing a bit -time to work on the fitness!

 Gibbo with that mean look.




We had a hail shower at tea time and they were off for about 3/4 hour maybe.
The game was Leeds Met v Kirkstall. The met boys got 235 from 40 overs and Kirkstall didn't they were all out in the last over -so they all had a bat.
I make no apology for all these match photos as this is what it is all about playing.
It was a long day starting at 8-00am and I was on my way home at 8-00pm I did have a sneaky pint though.

 On Tuesday I have the IOG Foundation Course for Cricket Groundsman at Kirkstall so in an effort to tidy things up I mowed the outfield and the square. I also raked and power brushed the square as it is getting very dense now and I wanted to try thin it out a bit.


Above you can see the result of playing on a wet square these chunks are sizable, very fortunately they are at the edge of a pitch not in the middle on a length. I went home for an hour then came back at 5-30 just as the juniors were arriving for their first outdoor training session of the season about 50 turned up.
I concentrated on preparing a practise pitch for the boys on Tuesday night -weather permitting- cutting and rolling also rolling the Loughborough pitch some more.
Finally I covered a pitch that we can work on with the groundsmen and the Loughborough pitch and went home at about 8-00pm for the second night running.
Sorry I got busy and forgot to take many photos today -must improve!
I will take some photos of the groundsmen tomorrow I promise.
I hear the weather is to be changeable till the end of the month.
Keep those sheets at the ready.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment