Monday 2 April 2012

Fertilised Square and Net Area

Today after sorting out some emails I went down to ground late morning. I had arranged to mow the outfield at Horsforth Hall Park -they had their Mastiff stolen around two weeks ago. I arrived at ground about 11-45, got all set up and started mowing when a few drops of rain started to fall, so in my rush to get the job done I forgot to take any pictures Doh!
With an unsettled period of weather on its way -maybe even snow- I wanted to get my square fertilised in the hope it will get washed in soon -maybe overnight.

I got my spreader out along with three bags of 11-5-5 Spring and Summer Fertiliser.

Ready with first bag loaded.


Look how yellow the nets are and they had half rate feed around three weeks ago.

You can see the square is also yellowing -rye grass is a hungry grass and to get the best out of it we have to keep it well fed.
I left Kirkstall at about 4-30 went down to yard to get some fertiliser that someone was going to collect this evening but they never rang as promised so that was a wast of time. 
So I did some office work, invoicing as some of the readers of this blog will realise in a few days time.
Tomorrow we have snow forecast over night so I plan to make some foams up for my Magic Sponge as I now have about 10 on order and clubs need them for the start of the season. I also have a meeting with Phil from Brushes North West.
I have no game at Kirkstall till the 14th so I have not yet cut a pitch out however I am not sure when indoor nets end so may have to get to work on a net very soon.
Are you reading this blog? I don't get many comments, however I do know how many visits are made. 
I am surprised how much information Google Analytics gives me -soon they will be passing it all on to GCHQ.
See you next post.
Keep smiling. 
Hodgy 

5 comments:

  1. Hodgy,

    I always read your blog, love it. Reminds me of many great memories playing at the FOD (for and against). No wonder it is the best track in the league!!! Will you be throwing any grenades this season?

    Cheers,

    Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't let this go to your head but I've got a shortcut link on page one of my smartphone's home screens and if I don't happen to check in for new posts then I'll spot your entry on Facebook or Twitter. I'm also considering having your phone tapped, cctv installed around your house and employing a small surveylance team to follow you. Bet Google Analytics didn't show you that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nigel.
    I stopped throwing those grenades a while ago -I am a very old man you know.

    No your right Jon Googgle Analytics only gives me info on things that have happened not what you are considering -its good but not that good.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finish with a little bit of politics there, Dave! With such breadth of content, how can one fail to keep reading...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good man Rashers keep reading. Not bad eh! politics, art and culture, sport -what more could a man want?

      Delete