Wednesday 11 April 2012

Leeds Met Uni Training

Spent the morning at home and collecting some components to ship off to customers down to ground to meet Ilkley C C groundsman Phil Sant  who came to pick up a brush. I them spent about three hours doing minor repairs and setting to machines. The Leeds Met Uni boys were down training on the outfield they want to bat and bowl on the grass tomorrow but may be lucky due to heavy showers today. We'll see.

Andy Siddall their coach and KECC Cricket Chair put the nets up ready for them.






It is good to see the facility used in a proper manor, they do create intensive wear in areas that I may have to do some work on. As they started the clouds were building and we did get a heavy shower that they come off for. They were back out after 15 minutes or so.

5 comments:

  1. All looking an absolute picture Hodgy. Seeing these pics reminds me how much I miss playing at the FoD...keep it up, it's definitely worth it.

    Si Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a special place, full of special people and there will be even more on Presidents Day.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, to prove I read your blog religiously every night I thought I'd post a comment. Your ground looks great, wish mine could look like that. Wish I'd got all your equipment as well, me I haven't even got an outfield mower ( as you know). Oh well, never mind. Could do with one of those brushes though! I'll se you next week to pay we owe and look at this brush. Regards. jonnie Ross (HHPCC).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonnie Thanks for those kind words. I have been in your situations it has taken me a long while to get all the equipment I have now and remember what I said that you are a lone voice on the committee as groudsman so you need to get your points across well and sell the benefits of your argument. Keep going Jonnie.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dave. I'll take your advice on board.

    ReplyDelete