Thursday 5 April 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes



From snow covered yesterday to this today. Just up the road at Headingley, Yorkshire started the life in the second division of the Championship -Kent scored 345 for 5, not the start Yorkshire would have been looking for. Must be a decent pitch for early April.




I was at the hospital this morning for a check-up, then I had to take some brush frames to the galvanisers and return some picture racks we used at or art exhibition last week. All of which means I got to the ground rather late in the afternoon. I took advantage of yesterdays moisture and started some pitch preparation rolling. I have two preseason friendlies next weekend the 14th and 15th of April  so I rolled the pitch for that  plus the junior 21 yard pitch -at the edge of the square- and the pitch I will be using for the first first team match which isn't till the 28th of the month but I thought I would get and early start on it.
If you look at the pictures above you will notice that I have not yet cut them down or raked them out this is because today with the time I had I wanted to roll just in case it dried out again.
you will also see the sheen the roller has put on the grass.
That's all for this post I hope to get a pitch cut out tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment