Tuesday 1 May 2012

Delivery and Disaster



Monday the sun came out so after the field had dried out I got down to some work, that was after I had completed some other jobs I had to do first.  On my return home from visiting one of my customers I had received a delivery of germination sheets that had been on order since January this year -I thought the supplier had forgotten about the order. So I had to load them on the pickup and take them down to my container for storage.

Down at the yard ready for unloading.

This is medium duty germination sheet and comes in rolls 4 metres by 100 metres, so each roll can be cut into four pieces which at 4m x 25m will cover more than a pitch.
These sheets are used when repairing pitches in the season to help to retain moisture and heat they also keep the pigeons from pecking the seed.

Any one wanting to purchase a roll or just a pitch length they are available at
£98-00 per 4m x 25m cut length
or
£350-00 per roll 4m x 100m

Sheets safe in the container.


Extra ordinary times call for extra ordinary methods.
I had not been able to get on the square for two weeks with the Mastiff to cut it and although the sun was out, it was still very wet so I set the rotary as low as it would go and cut the square it took ages but at least the top is off and when I can get on it will be a little easier. getting some grass off also helps to dry the square out as more air can move through the grass and the sun can get at the surface better.
It doesn't look pretty but needs must.
The idea was to cut the practise pitch next so out came the Paladin and away we go. I cut one strip and I thought the machine was not cutting right so I started to adjust the cut and it was getting worse, so I had a look around the machine to see what I could spot.
Below all is revealed.

0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0


 
Disaster!

Fortunately my old mate Rod Heyhoe had just purchased a second hand Paladin and he got the body of and old one to use as spares with it. So I was able to do a deal with him.
What a stroke of good luck that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment