Saturday 26 May 2012

Friday Preparations

As with any club side the weekend is the time when most cricket is played as a result Friday is a busy day cutting outfield and preparing pitches for over the week end.
My fixtures since Thursday this week have been/are
Thursday T20,
Friday Under 11s,
Saturday 2nds,
Sunday under 15s
Monday Under 13 Cup match.
Tuesday Senior Training 
Thursday T20 Friday Under 13
Saturday 1st
Sunday Under 9s
After a week now of no rain -this is not a complaint- the square is beginning to show signs of stress and needs watering but it will have to wait till Tuesday to get a good soaking as I have games all other days. I also need to get some water on the the pitch which is for the 1st a week today. I would sooner have it this way than too much water and be having to pull sheets on and off in between the rain.


This is my granddaughter Annabelle who visited me while I was working she had just completed a sponsored walk in aid of charity and was dressed as a Super Hero.


Just by way of a change here are two photos taken of me by J O Siddall, thanks Jos.






And when all the juniors arrive it signals a time for me to depart for my tea. I have left things all set up for
the seconds so as not to have to work Saturday morning for a change.
"Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon"
Hodgy


No comments:

Post a Comment