Tuesday 15 May 2012

Raked and Mowed Outfield

I made more progress today preparing practise pitch for tonight and raking and mowing the outfield.

My little Kubota 7200 -its been a good investment- fitted with the double rake.


Not good to see but I raked the whole outfield in two directions at 90`

 Joe who is a personal trainer and starts work at 6-00am came along later in the afternoon and did some more rolling for me. Here he is rolling the nets in time for Tuesday night training.

Not seen many of these recently, cracks in the off square practise pitch.



After raking I fit my gangs to the back of tractor and cut the outfield again at 90` . The raking lifts out rubbish from the base and also presents the grass better to the cutter blades giving a  far superior finish to just gang mowing.






Just a few views of the ground on completion.






Then the guys roll up for their Tuesday night training session. Tomorrow I should have had a Uni game but that is now down down in Worcester for some reason that only the competition organisers know.
I forgot to say that Joe also rolled the two pitches on the square that are under preparation one is now getting quite firm lets hope I can keep it that way till Saturday.
Hodgy 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for sorting our outfield out the other day at calverley!!! Bad enough working through the bad weather never mind the broken down machinery!!! Job well done thanks Dave.
    Andy Alred
    Groundsman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Andy.
      It is so frustrating when your machinery breaks down I have had my fair sare of that. I hope you soon get the problem sorted are are able to got onto you ground when you have the time.
      Hodgy

      Delete