Thursday 10 May 2012

Kept off the Grass

The overnight rain and persistent heavy showers in Leeds have kept me off the turf for today. It is just impossible to get the preparation in we need to create cricket pitches. I have just had a text from Cricket chair asking about prospects for Friday evenings under 13 game and it is difficult to know what to say.
After this weekend the weather for next week including the weekend is poor. And the sun will shine on Saturday and player will wonder what the problem is. If you are a player reading this blog then please have an understanding of the problems your groundsman is facing he really does want you all to be enjoying playing believe me.
No photos taken today depressed enough without looking at the rain on the blog.

Below are just a few pictures to show what we did last autumn to try ensure good pitches for the season.





IOG Cricket Foundation Course at KECC August 2011.
Hodgy

5 comments:

  1. Cheers for all the hard work Hodgy! It's much appreciated!

    Here's hoping for the weather to turn.

    Weaseltron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Weaseltron.
    Lets hope for a flat one tomorrow and to you Jon for being awake and spotting my mistake of course it was 2011 not 2012. I will edit.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to call my U13s game off last night, the square is a lake, will have my work cut out today just to try to get a pitch for the 2nd team tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just had to pull the plug on our U13 game this evening. When I got down this morning the water was under the sheets and they were holding it so I took them off went to mow Hall Parks out field and just as I was about to finish the heavens oppened. I now have standing water on tomorrows 2nd team pitch. I just dont know which way to turn.
      Hodgy

      Delete