Monday 7 May 2012

Four Games

Friday night saw a junior game under 11's, Saturday the 1st team played Otley, Sunday we hosted Leeds Met 1st team and Monday morning the under 9's played. Tuesday I have a a practise pitch to prepare and on Wednesday I have Leeds Met 1st again. Thursday is free and Friday we start all over again. While things are this busy I have found it hard to remember to take photographs in between sorting this that and the other out.

This is last Friday the 4th May I had a bit of a help, Joe Brown came down and did about 3/4 hour rolling for me, thank you Joe. On the left is the junior 21 yard pitch and Joe is rolling the first team pitch for Saturday.

Sheets off pitch rolled and marked out juniors arriving, time for me to get off home I had two long physical days Thursday and Friday and was in bed before 10-00 both nights. Saturday I have no photos fro but the first team played against Otley who had a win and a winning draw prior to the game. They batted first on a damp pitch and surprisingly asked for the heavy roller prior to the start -I though it would bring more moisture to the surface but its their call. They scored around par I thought of 220 in the 50 overs and we knocked them off for I think 7 with maybe and over to spare a good game of cricket on a very cold day. The forecast had been for  wall to wall sunshine but it was cloudy most of the day and as I said very cold.






These are the only pictures I have of Saturday.

Sunday I set up for Leeds Met then had to go home -as Anne and I were going to see a band at the
"City Varieties" in Leeds.
 Leeds Met -on a pitch that had dried significantly on Saturday and over night- batted first and scored 275 all out in the last of 50 overs against Northumbria Uni and then went on to bowl them out for 200.
#mustremembertotakesomephotos.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment