Wednesday 9 May 2012

Disaster

I have a Nikon D60 SLR camera that I use to take the photographs for this blog. Yesterday  I dropped it on the concrete hard standing by the scorebox and broke my 18-55 mm lens -expensive drop -looks like a new one will cost serious money. So until I get a replacement all the photos will be taken with the
55-200mm lens -the one with greater magnification or maybe I can get my old Olympus camera out.
Wednesday saw a Leeds Met game scheduled versus Newcastle Uni. So on a bright sunny morning I made the final preparations taking the sheets off, brush square -quite a dew- cut, make the last cut roll of the pitch, mark out the 30yard circle and boundry. Players and umpires arrive for a prompt 12-30 start, all going well until clouds start to gather -a common sight this spring- and by the time I popped off home for an hour at about 1-30 there was a dampness in the atmosphere. After about 3/4 hour I get a call to say they are off for rain, back to club to sort things out.


 After about an hour and three quarters we amazingly got back on to play.



 The pitch was reasonably dry except a couple of areas where the sheets had leaked -I have to use this pitch for the second team on Saturday.



 Another wicket falls as the clouds come rolling in.



 Then it arrives and ends play for the day and as the second innings only lasted only about 6 overs the game has to start again on Friday at Newcastle #thankgoodnessnotatKirkstall.

After I tidied up outside and did some clearing away and washing up in the kitchen it was off home at 7-45 so apart from an hour or so at lunch it was a 12 hour day. Lets hope the rain clears away overnight -but the forecast says not, Boo!
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment