Wednesday 23 May 2012

Easy Day




The ground at Kirkstall when I arrived this morning to collect my tractor, trailer and gang mowers and go to cut the outfield at Horsforth Hall Park.
I am thinking that these photos of the same place must be getting a little tiresome now. Any thoughts?

 Horsforth is a suburb of Leeds and this is Horsfoth Hall Park I don't know its history but the cricket team play in the same league as my club Kirkstall but in the 3rd division -Kirkstall are in the 1st division.

 Playing in a park has its advantages and disadvantages on a beautiful day like today the sights are stunning and the trees are looking well.


 Jon Ross the groundsman and their overseas were busy working away on the pitch and surrounds all the time I was there.
 I arrived at about 10-15 and left at around 1-00 I had to cut the field twice as it was two weeks since I was last there -on a freezing cold day with hail. After all the rain and now the warm weather the grass is growing well.
After I finished I went off home for a spot of lunch and to pick my phone up which I had left. My messages included one from Ian Bullock the Harrogate groundsman who wanted to borrow my seeder and a brush to do some work on a football pitch. So I was off to sort that out and by the tome the machines were loaded up it was past 5-00 so I went off home.




A week today since I had Martin Crompton from "Complete Weed Control" along to treat the weeds on the outfield and the above photos show the effect, distorted and dying daisies and plantins.
#nomoreweeds.
Thank you Martin.
Tomorrow I will be preparing for the Thursday T20 and BBQ we play New Rover C C.
Hodgy




1 comment:

  1. Which was your favourite tree in the park, Hodgy?

    I remember some of the advantages of playing in a public park when I played for Roundhay - stunning sights indeed... usually sunbathing on hill60!

    ReplyDelete