Sunday 13 May 2012

Saturday Preparation

After not being able to do any work on Friday I got down to ground at around 7-45 and started by cutting the driest pitch I had which was still very damp and green -yet the only chance of getting a game.




The ground on my arrival bathed in sun for a change.
I cut and rolled -brought up lots of moisture- the pitch then drag brushed the square by hand --it was too wet to get the Mastiff on. The dew was quite heavy so I also brushed the outfield I knew that I would not have time to cut it as well, so the brushing put in nice -cheques?-in it helping presentation.

 This is the area just off the hard standing where the roller is stored you can see haw wet things were.



 What a lovely morning the trees are now in leaf apart for the ash and the oak all we need is a little sun and warmth to get the grass growing and the pitches dried out.




Playing with the camera.


 I rolled the pitch for a second time after I had a break for a coffee.

We are on the flight path for Leeds and Bradford Airport so planes are constantly passing over the ground especially on a weekend.


The two photos above are from the tables on the patio area -Nice View!



The ground was too wet for a prompt start, however the umpires were determined, so in order to protect venerable areas I got out various carpets and pieces of astro turf and nailed them down -you can see them to the left of the pitch. You do some times have to take theses measures in order to help your self. After today these guys will be gone and never have a thought for the damage caused that you have to work with or around.
I then went off home, had a quick wash and  changed and I was off over to Bilton -near Harrogate- to watch the 1st team play -they got a very well deserved winning draw and 5 points.
The news came across the the seconds had been bowled out for 53 the game all over in quick time -lots of time to spend in the bar for those boys. when I got back to the ground at about 9-00pm I didn't go out for a look I am thinking I might go down later today as I think there may be some rain tomorrow.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment