Tuesday 1 May 2012

Unsuitable Conditions

My first task of the day was to pick up the Paladin parts from Rod and take them off to the mower repair shop Horbury Lawn Mowers. The weather forecast I had seen had given white cloud all day so I was thinking I would have a chance of further progress but on my way to Driglington it stared to rain it was only a shower and by the time I got to Horbury it was fair.

My old Auto-Certes got me out of a hole today.

I got back to Kirkstall at about 11-45 and got my old Auto-Certes out I had to fiddle around with it and go off to get a new spark plug -it had not been used since the end of 2009 season (fortunate I hadn't scraped it). I got it going just in time for the rain to start. being desperate to make some thing happen I got on and cut the practise pitch followed by the pitch which was for tomorrows Leeds Met game the rain had been light and stopped after 15 min's or so.

Pitch to be used for Leeds Met.


Pitch for Saturday that I also cut, by this time it was raining again and never stopped for the rest of the afternoon getting quite heavy.
Anxiety is setting in and I felt the need to make things happen although all my experience tells me I should get off the square and come back when conditions are more favourable. We are in May now and have played only one game and had one training session, I could feel the pressure building up in side of me. The dark lines you can see are from the rotary mower I used yesterday.
By the time this photo was taken it was too wet to roll.



To try and give myself further options I cut number ten pitch out at the other side of the square thinking it may be a little drier.
Is this panic setting in?
While I was working away one of the lads Joe Brown came down a did a good deal of mowing the periphery and some strimming -the whole place looks a lot better when these jobs are done.
Well done Joe.

Here you see number ten pitch in the foreground and numbers two and four in the background.
By this time Joe had got so wet he went off home I made a few calls and cancelled tomorrows game and training for the night.
When will it stop raining?


Look back as I leave to get home and dry out.

Tomorrow I have to go to hospital for some tests and could be there from six to eight hours, I think I would prefer to be working in the rain.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment