Friday 4 May 2012

Some Progress

Wednesday I spent in hospital from 8-30am till 3-00pm but by 4-00 pm I was back at the ground as the sun had been out. I cut the square with the Mastiff -the first time in three weeks- I got two pitches cut and raked out and some rolling done. I spent about four and a half hours there.
Just back tracking my friend Jonathon from A J Lawn Care rang me prior to my hospital visit to tell me that there was a Lloyd's Paladin in the York Machinery sale that day. So I gave him a budget of £250-00 to buy it and he did -I got it for £200-000. Thank you Jon you did well at you first attempt at bidding -must have been the shades you had on.

The ground when I went home Wednesday night.

Feeling a little sorry for myself after my hospital visit I had a lie in on Thursday morning, not getting up till
8-30 am . My first job was to cut the outfield at Rawdon C C it was long as I had been unable to get there last week because of the weather. The job from leaving Kirkstall to getting back took over three hours.

Getting the gang mowers fit to my little Kubota at Rawdon.

Rawdon C C covers on.


 Pool C C
Pool C C

I then had to get off to Pool Cricket Club to cut and power brush out a couple of pitches.





On returning to Kirkstall I raked out, cut and rolled two pitches as above and cut, rolled and marked out a practise pitch for a few of the guys to use in the evening.


It was that long since anything had happened on the ground playing wise that Jos got giddy and put his whites on to net in.
I think he's keen.
I  borrowed a ball and chucked a few grenade's down -think I also got a little giddy.
I went off home -even after a late start- I had put in eleven hours of physical work, no wonder I was in bed for 9-30pm

  

No comments:

Post a Comment